The Liebster Award comes to me from Danica at Living A Beautiful Life (https://danicapiche.wordpress.com) Thank you very much!
I was delighted to be awarded this Liebster Award. My first blogging award!
Please take a moment to check out Danica’s blog. It’s a refreshing look at life in all its glorious randomness.
What is the Liebster Award?
The word “liebster” (originating in German) has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued. In the current context, this award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers.
What are the rules for the Liebster Award?
The rules for the Liebster Award have changed over time and I’m approaching them with some flexibility.
Here are the rules:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter.
- Nominate 11 bloggers you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.( I’ll bend the rules slightly here if no one objects)
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
My Liebsterly Nominees:
Karen Soutar (https://karensoutar.wordpress.com)
Dawn Mander (https://dmander.wordpress.com)
Mari Wells (https://mariwells.wordpress.com)
Kruti Mehta (https://10eveningflowers.wordpress.com)
My Random facts:
- I have an irrational fear of bananas
- I hate getting my hair cut
- I thrive on black coffee
- My first pet was a tortoise called Sally and she ran away
- The worst job I ever had was working for Wimpy, the burger chain.
- One of my favourite films is El Dorado with John Wayne and Robert Mitchum
- My first rock “crush” was Francis Rossi from Status Quo
- I love motorsport especially motoGP
- I’m a cat person not a dog person
- My mobile phone has over 10000 photos stored on it
- I’m a creature of habit
My Questions from Danica were:
- Would you travel to Mars?
Yes. Although I may need to stock up my Kindle with reading material for the trip
- If you could be born into history as any famous person who would you be and why?
I honestly have no idea! Most of the characters from history that intrigue me came to an unfortunate end! Probably a wife of one of the Roman emperors. Livia, wife of Augustus and Tiberius, perhaps.
- What is the longest you’ve gone without sleep?
About 30 hours. I did however go three years without a full night’s sleep after the birth of my son.
- You discover an island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule that you implement?
Honesty by all at all times
- If you could spend one week attending any special events (music/sports/ballet/show dogs/anything) what is your itinerary?
Rock shows, on the rail, every night!
- What is your favorite word?
I don’t have one. I do like unusual words. Cattywumpus being one that comes to mind. (Google it!)
- What would you like to be doing one year from now?
Lying on my favourite beach in the sun listening to the ocean
- What is the weirdest scar you have and how did you get it?
I don’t have any worth mentioning.
- What is the last song you listened to?
Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Do you like thunderstorms?
Yes- I love watching lightning!
- What is a question that you’d be afraid to answer truthfully?
Hmm…good question! –What weight are you? ha ha
My questions for my nominees:
- What’s the last book you read?
- If you could click your fingers and transport yourself anywhere, where would you go and why?
- First record/CD you ever bought?
- You are hosting a dinner party and can invite 5 famous people (dead or alive) who would you invite and why?
- Favourite season?
- What advice would you give to your 15 year old self?
- What is your most treasured possession and why does it mean so much to you?
- First concert you ever went to was?
- Where is your favourite place to sit and write?
- What three things motivate you?
- Which book/song do you wish you’d written?